Sunday, June 25, 2017

Encaustic HOT WAX painting in 2017 ~ Beeswax & Damar Resin


I just clicked on another artist's blog and noted that they hadn't posted for years... commented that I'd like to see them re-inspired by their work to post again. Then I decided to click my name which brought me to my site and it looks like I haven't either :) so here I am. For anyone who's checking, this is what I'm doing now. I'm working on painting with Encaustic Hot Wax and Resin with Acrylic. It's amazing and so freeing, because a lot has to do with the medium itself. There is a certain lack of control you have with these mediums, and you have to be comfortable to work on the fly a bit, which I am all about. My new website for my Art Work is: www.ClaudetteMcDermottFineArt.com and my website for my Jewelry is: www.MetalWorksJewelryToday.com

I've injured my hands working at Michael's being in the Replenishment Crew, even though I really enjoyed the work, it was too much for my hands. I didn't realize what I was doing to my hands, just thought my hands were adjusting, but... Well so it forced me to re-evaluate how I create my art so it lead me to Encaustic and Resin pouring which is easier on my hands. One door closes and another opens ~ Enjoy and check out my websites to see my latest and to purchase my work CHEERS 🍷
                                                                                                    Claudette McDermott ~ Artist 

2 comments:

  1. Life throws us all kinds of curves and I always find comfort in creating, it is my meditation, my therapy and my joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) as it is with most Artists I know ~ When we can't create anymore (and that time may come) we will find comfort in Viewing other Artists works. I'm so grateful that I've been able to do what I've done so far.

      Delete